Looking for the perfect Mother’s Day gift to make then this Simple Butterfly Door Hanger is the perfect simple craft is for you! This door hanger will be adorable as a gift to that special mother figure in your life! With just a few supplies needed you can make this beautiful door hanger in little to no time!
- Twig Butterfly Base
- Pansy Pick
- Wire Cutters
- Cable Ties
- EZ Bow Maker
- Hot Glue
Steps to make a Simple Butterfly Door Hanger
First make your bow
- Using your EZ Bow Maker, measure your first tail at 20 inches.
- Twist and make your first loop at 6 inches, twist and repeat the second loop.
- Trim Tail
- Using the same ribbon let’s repeat making the loops like above just this time bring your loops out to 5.5 inches instead of 6.
- Secure the center with a cable tie. Fluff loops and tails.
- Attach another cable tie to the back so you have an anchor point to attach to the butterfly.
- Cover mechanics of bow by cutting a small piece of ribbon and wrap around the middle and tie in the back
Add Greenery and Attach Bow
- Adjust arrangement and manipulate the pieces around bringing some up and some down.
- Attach with a cable tie in the center of the butterfly
- Add bow over the greenery you just placed. Place your tails behind the foliage. That way they hang down
- Curl front ribbon tails around your finger and gently pull it out
- Add in some fullness using a filler bush. Cut them down to smaller sections
- Place your greenery filler pieces in a triangle formation around the bow. Be sure to dip ends in hot glue before placing
Want to learn more?
Join the free Facebook group Keleas Bloomarino Buds Wreath Making Community