The perfect shiny red ornament balls and some fun Christmas colored picks will be one reason you will love making this easy Christmas swag for your Christmas door this holiday season. The other reason will be how fast and simple this craft is. In just 15 minutes you will have a new door wreath for your door!
Easy DIY Christmas Swag Craft Kit
Make your own designer Christmas decor with this easy DIY Christmas swag craft kit. You’ll have the perfect front door decor in min!
Christmas Ball Swag Kit (Includes the supplies below)
- 1 Swag Base Greenery
- 1 Icey Greenery Bush Craft Pick
- 1 Burst Twig with Jingle Bells
- 1 Christmas Ball Craft Pick
- Cable Ties (if necessary)
How to Make This Easy DIY Christmas Swag
- Take your greenery bush and use your wire cutters to cut each branch so they have about a 2-inch stem. Gently push up the stem so it’s a little bit shorter than they were. Dip the end of the branch in your glue pot and insert it right at the top of the swag base in front of the hanger. Take a couple more branches and glue them one on each side to even the greenery out. This helps your piece double as a beautiful centerpiece also!
- Use your wire cutters to pull out one of the glitter branches already in your swag base in the center-left. Then dip another bush stem into your glue and replace it by pushing it into your base. Do the same thing on the right side using your wire cutters to pull out a glitter branch, and then replace it with another bush stem.
- Next, grab your Christmas ball craft pick and fluff it out a bit. Slide the ball craft pick into the top of the door swag right in front of the hanger to see how long you like it and how much you will need to trim off. Go ahead and pull it back out and trim the excess using your wire cutters. Pre-push in the pick so it has an area where it can fit into the swag base. Dip the end in your glue pot, and find your spot in the grapevine base and place it in there. Feel free to use a cable tie to make sure it’s extra secure in your base.
- Take a look and see if you need to adjust any greenery or Christmas balls depending on if you decide you’d like to use it as a centerpiece or mainly a door hanger.
- If you are going to use it as a door hanger, shift it so the top is towards you. Go ahead and grab your last piece of greenery bush and dip the end into your glue pot. Place the branch into the top between the Christmas balls.
- Next, take your two glitter branch pieces you removed from the swag base earlier and dip one in the glue pot. Place one on the left side of the top Christmas ball group and one on the right side securing with the hot glue.
- The last step is to place your jingle bells twig burst. Separate them by pulling them apart and clean up the wire towards the bottom of the stem. Before you glue them in, try to place them throughout your swag to see how you like the look. Place the first one towards the top to the left of the pinecone and one to the right. Do the same near the bottom pine cone.
- If you’re happy with your placement, go ahead and dip each stem in the glue pot and secure them into their spots. These fun jingle bells will add some motion and festive sound!